Brand new Spanish bar and restaurant now open in Mississauga
Even in the face of a difficult pandemic, the city’s food scene is continuing to get bigger and diversify, with yet another hotly anticipated restaurant opening its doors in Mississauga.
Bar Catalina, described as a chic new Spanish eatery and the city’s very first paella-focused restaurant, has officially opened in the east end of Port Credit on Lakeshore Road.
Paella is a beloved Spanish rice dish and staple of Spanish cuisine. The restaurant offers several unique paella dishes as well as tapas, grilled meats, fish, charcuterie and more.
Bar Catalina was opened by Chef Humberto Sanchez, who is also known for his work at The Wilcox in Mississauga.
“I love Mississauga and I believe we have great restaurants, but having said that, the city needs a vibrant [Paella] and Spanish place to eat at,” Sanchez told insauga.com.
“Having worked at The Wilcox, I have decided to create more amazing experiences in the city. We will be the only restaurant in the city making the Spanish staple.”
The restaurant is now open for take-out.
To order, call 905-278-0208 or order online at barcatalina.ca.
Photo courtesy of Bar Catalina
- Chic new Spanish bar and restaurant coming to Mississauga
- Highly anticipated restaurant openings in Mississauga for 2021
- Chef from restaurant in Italy opens unique new restaurant in Mississauga
- New Filipino Restaurant Open in City Centre in Mississauga
- A new restaurant specializing in grilled meats just opened up in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases