Brand new restaurant takes over old Pizza Hut location in Mississauga
If you love shawarma, you have yet another option in Mississauga!
A few short days ago, a new shawarma place celebrated its grand opening after taking over the Pizza Hut location on Burnhamthorpe (just off of Wolfedale).
Original Shawarma, which laid claim to the prime real estate after a deal with another restaurant called Oriental Noodle House seemingly fell through, opened on Nov. 16.
According to the restaurant's recently launched website, operators created Original Shawarma to be "a comeback to the origins, a comeback to the way shawarma was intended to be experienced."
The website says the restaurant's team of culinary experts from the Middle East will be using the latest cooking techniques to bring unique and one of a kind dishes to diners.
As far as food goes, the menu features mandi lamb shawarma, mandi chicken shawarma, chicken wraps, lamb wraps, lamb and chicken meals and platters, falafel wraps meals, fries, baklava and more.
So if you want some City Centre-area shawarma soon, Original Shawarma might be worth a visit.
Editor’s Note: Pizza Hut still operates a takeout section from part of the location.
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Unique New Shawarma Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- Popular Shawarma Joints Opens Up Another Location in Mississauga
- Popular Shawarma Restaurant Closes Down in Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of jewelry store robbery in Mississauga