Brand New Pub Now Open in Mississauga
No one likes to lose a local watering hole, but if a new one replaces it post-haste, the loss isn’t quite as hard.
As you may have heard, Belfast Lounge, the Dixie and Eglinton pub that served local patrons for close to 20 years, is no longer with us. The closure came as quite a shock, as the authentic Irish pub was beloved by locals who enjoyed its reliably delicious food and comfortable atmosphere.
But fortunately for pub lovers, a brand new watering hole has taken its place.
The Green Goose, which says it honours the Irish experience while infusing it with a little taste of Canadiana, recently opened its doors.
As far as food goes, the new restaurant offers some of the classic European fare you'd expect from a bonafide pub.
Some menu items include fish and chips, traditional Irish stew, chicken pot pie, steak pie, chicken curry, poutine (regular, pulled pork and buffalo chicken), chicken wings, chicken fingers, bangers and mash, nachos (including an Irish variety made with waffle fries), jalapeno poppers, stuffed yorkshire pudding, fish tacos, flat bread, salad, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, fish, pasta and more.
Beyond food, the new resto also hosts corporate, team building and holiday events.
Will you be trying the Green Goose?
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Mississauga to ask region to temporarily ban the sale of non-essential goods at big box stores
- Peel Region sets record high for COVID-19 cases today
- Region will not prohibit big box stores from selling non-essential goods in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery in Mississauga