Brand New Middle Eastern Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
Is there truly such a thing as too much falafel?
While Mississauga has a healthy Middle Eastern food scene, it’s always nice to see a family-run restaurant nudge its way onto the culinary landscape and serve up tried and true favourites (such as shawarma and falafel) and a few unique dishes of their own (in this case, orange rice pudding).
Lakeshore Falafel recently opened its doors in the Applewood Village Plaza and serves the aforementioned Middle Eastern staples, as well as soups, salads, sweets and hot and cold beverages.
As far as atmosphere goes, the Syrian-born owners have imbued the space with some modern and contemporary touches. In their words, “it’s Middle Eastern without screaming Middle Eastern.”
As for the odd choice of name, the operators explained that they had originally set their sights on a Lakeshore Road location that ultimately didn’t pan out. Regardless of the location change, the name—catchy as it is—just stuck.
In terms of unique offerings, the resto offers up the previously mentioned orange rice pudding and a vegan-friendly cauliflower sandwich.
Size: 2,000 square-feet.
- Trendy New Middle Eastern Canteen Opens in Mississauga
- New restaurant specializing in unique Middle Eastern flatbread now open in Mississauga
- Renowned Middle Eastern Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- Authentic Middle Eastern Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Fav 5 Middle Eastern Restaurants
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga