Brand New Mediterranean Restaurant Open in Mississauga
If you can't get enough Mediterranean food (and who can blame you if you can't), you are in luck—a brand new Mediterranean restaurant (and a halal one, no less) has opened its doors in Mississauga.
Apollo Bakery and Grill, which just opened up in the Eglinton and Dixie area, has only been serving customers for a few weeks and has yet to host its official grand opening. In terms of food, it offers some unique dishes that are equal parts exotic and traditional.
Some choice menu items include fried cheese, grape leaves, hummus, Greek salad, tabouli salad, lamb chops, beef/chicken shawarma, cacciatore chicken, shish tawook and falafel. The resto also offers manakeesh, boasting such variations as margareta (tomato, basil, mozzarella and pesto), spinach and cheese (spinach, onion and sumac spices) and mohamarah (bread crumbs, hot pepper paste, spices and virgin olive oil).
Wraps and sandwiches are also available, as is a weekend tapas menu. Recently, resto operators recently took to Facebook to announced that they've extended their breakfast specials to Monday through to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
On weekends, you can enjoy a breakfast special from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
So, if you're in the mood for some flavourful falafel or an interesting "brunch" that's a little off the beaten path, the resto might be worth checking out.
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $4.8 mil mansion with glorious wine cellar
- Design of post-CERB benefits could change as pandemic shifts course, minister says