Brand New Indie Coffee Shop Now Open in Mississauga
Mississauga has a lot of cafes, but not all of them—or even most—are smaller, independent operations.
Fortunately for espresso lovers who dig both big and small-name coffee hotspots, a new indie shop is now open and serving a mix of coveted caffeinated beverages and satisfying paninis.
Halo Espresso Bar, a new cafe that just set up some social media accounts to tell us all a little more about its once-mysterious presence (it had no online footprint until shortly after its soft opening), is now serving customers in the 5 and 10 area in Cooksville.
The new shop is located on Hurontario just north of Dundas.
The coffee shop is open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily (so you can grab a latte on your way to work and stop by for a sandwich if you want a quick dinner).
Along with coffee-based beverages, the cafe also serves made-in-house paninis.
While Cooksville has always been vibrant, the arrival of this cafe and the newly opened Japanese/Peruvian fusion Kage Nikkei Restobar suggest that the long-standing swath of Hurontario is getting just a little more modern.
Perhaps even hip.
Or even a little trendy.
But regardless of how the area will change (especially with the LRT slated to run right down the main drag), it’s nice to know that locals have one more option when it comes to their morning coffee.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Easter Weekend in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations