Brand New Fusion Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
We've used the expression before and it's always fitting when it comes to restaurants: When one door closes, another one opens.
Late last year, residents were dismayed to hear that one of the city’s few--and definitely one of its most unique--tapas places has closed down for good.
In December, we learned that Dang! Vietnamese Tapas Bar and Lounge, which opened in 2016, was no more. At the same time, we learned that Tony's Skinny Chef Bistro was going to take its place.
Now, that new restaurant is open and serving customers.
Located in the Dixie and Courtneypark area, the brand new bisto is unique in the sense that it offers what it calls a "juxtaposition of Canadian, Caribbean and Italian design and modern decor."
Yes, you read that right—it's a Canadian, Caribbean and Italian fusion restaurant.
As far as food goes, the menu features chicken wings, coconut shrimp, fried calamari, jerk chicken spring rolls, Landy's calypso fettuccine, red snapper, rib eye steak, surf and turf, fish and chips and more.
According to the resto's website, it also offers an extensive selection of wine, spirits, and cocktails.
So if you're in the mood for some European fare with a Caribbean twist, you might want to check out Skinny Chef.
Cover photo courtesy of Tony’s Skinny Chef Bistro’s official website
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Ontario makes temporary change so businesses can avoid paying severance
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior