Brand New Food-Related Event Coming to Mississauga
Sushi. Ramen. Takoyaki. Tempura.
Japan Festival Canada is returning this summer, bringing back all the things people love about Japanese culture. This year’s newest addition to the event list is a cooking competition featuring Canadian chefs.
The food of focus? Japanese food, of course!
As for how it will work, the chefs must create a recipe to celebrate the 90th Anniversary of Japan-Canada Diplomatic Relations by using ingredients inspired by Japanese cuisine.
All chefs are invited to audition for a chance to compete as long as they're over the age of 19 and live in Canada. This includes non-professional chefs as well. The event is also for solo chefs only, and they will not be accepting group applications.
The application deadline is July 1, with the second audition deadline on July 15. Chefs who make it through to the second audition will provide a minute long video of self-introduction and why they wish to compete in the competition. The final competition will be August 25 on the main stage of the festival. There, candidates will have 30 minutes to complete their dishes on stage.
They will then present their creations to a panel of judges and the winner will be decided. The winner will receive a round trip ticket to Tokyo Japan, as well as a tour in Tokyo featuring many parts of Japan's culture and food.
This is the third year for Japan Festival Canada, with the event celebrating 90 years of Japan-Canada diplomatic relations. The chef competition is one of many events that will be featured, along with great food and culture people of all ages will enjoy. The festival will be held on August 25 - 26 at the Mississauga Celebration Square. Addmission is free and pets are allowed.
For chefs eager to apply for the competition, they can do so at:
For more information on Japan Festival 2018, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of Japan Festival Canada official website
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing Woman
- Epic Chef Competition Coming to Celebration Square This Summer
- Massive Two-Day Japanese Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Third Annual Japan Festival Canada Hits Mississauga
- Canada's Biggest Japanese Festival Just Got Bigger in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Japan Festival Mississauga 2016