Brand New Food Event Set to Kick off in Mississauga
Foodies and culinary aficionados no longer have to travel out of town for inventive, exciting and hip food-focused festivals and events.
The Youth Troopers for Global Awareness (YTGA) Leadership Team recently announced that's hosting a food-focused fundraiser in support of well-known (and loved) community hub and cafe Studio 89.
'Sauga City Cook-off: Carnivores Vs. Herbivores.
Sounds fun and terribly on trend, no?
The event, which is set to take place on Saturday, Aug. 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at Studio 89, will welcome six local restaurants and eateries to make meat and veggie-based dishes on site. Attendees will get to sample the culinary creations and the winning meat and vegetarian dishes will be announced at the end of the evening.
The winners will be presented with a grand prize trophy.
Guests can linger downstairs in the cafe to chow down on the specially prepared dishes, or head upstairs to the Artademic Centre for games, bar access and live entertainment with MC for the evening—Testment of P.E.A.C.E.!
As for how the cook-off works, Studio 89 says it's doing it "thali-style." Guests can purchase $10 thali plates with five selections from six vendors and Studio 89 special event items.
All event tickets include a sampler plate from the cafe and a door prize raffle ticket. All VIP tickets include a sample plate, a door prize raffle ticket, a free drink ticket and a SWAG bag from sponsors and donors.
Tickets cost $15-$30 and can be purchased here.
- A Maxmillion Prize Winning Ticket Has Been Sold in Mississauga
- Fun Food and Drink Event Coming to the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Major Food Event Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Unique Event With Complimentary Food Coming to Mississauga
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21