Brand New Comfort Food Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
With winter well underway and weeks of cold ahead of us, many people are probably craving some filling comfort food that reminds us that winter isn't all bad.
Just kidding, it's always bad.
That said, it's not a bad time to seek out more indulgent cuisine.
Kantene, a brand new restaurant that specializes in comfort food, is about to open its doors in the Dundas St. W. and Erindale Station area.
The resto, which operators say will open this weekend, offers a selection of classic favourites. Some enticing menu items? Burgers, hand cut fries, sandwiches and wraps.
The restaurant also offers some more unique dishes.
"Our signature creations include panko breaded crispy eggplant fries, the surf and turf burger or our Kantene Special Burger," operators write on Kantene's website. "All of our creations are made to order and cooked to perfection to ensure the freshest food experience."
Kantene says its food is made in-house daily from whole ingredients sourced from "top quality" and, whenever possible, local producers.
"Our burgers are made with fresh AAA Canadian beef. No additives or preservatives just high quality beef, handcrafted and seasoned to perfection with our own spice mix," they write.
Kantene also makes its aiolis in house.
The restaurant is slated to open on Jan. 27.
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton