Brand New Cheesesteak and Poutine Joint Now Open in Mississauga
While most diners have happily welcomed the increase in restaurants focused on healthier and more boutique offerings, many still long for establishments that specialize in hearty, filling and indulgent dishes.
Fortunately for diners who still like a savoury cheat meal, a new resto specializing in decadent cheesesteaks and poutines is open for business.
Smokez Shack, a brand new comfort food resto in Port Credit, opened its doors earlier this month—just in time for summer.
As far as the menu goes, the resto focuses on what it calls "made to order melt-in-your-mouth sandwiches made with thinly sliced steak, and real melted cheese on hoagie roll imported straight from world famous bakery in Philadelphia."
Some sandwich varieties include a steak or chicken cheesesteak sandwich, a Greek sandwich (with steak or chicken, feta and tzatziki), a La Toro sandwich (with steak or chicken, sour cream, salsa and jalapenos), the Texas Squealer (with chicken or steak, pulled pork, bacon and onion crisps) and more.
It also offers poutine (because no comfort food restaurant in Canada can get away not serving some fries, cheese curds and gravy). Some varieties on the menu include an original poutine, a Bring Home the Bacon poutine, a chilli cheese poutine, a Greek poutine, a Polish poutine and more.
The restaurant also offers wraps, pulled pork sandwiches, salads, hand-cut fries, onion rings and more.
So if you're in the mood for something that's heavy on the cheese (and who isn't?), then the Smokez Shack might be worth a visit.
- Americans told to avoid Canada and flying into Mississasuga's Pearson Airport over COVID concerns
- Cases in Mississauga and Brampton push Peel Region COVID number to record high
- Hotspot vaccines for over 18 crowd not ready to roll in Mississauga and Brampton
- 5,000 vaccines were rejected to reopen Amazon in Brampton
- Ontario opens vaccination up to people over 18 in hotspot neighbourhoods in Brampton and Mississauga