Brand New Casual Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
It's been a great few weeks for restaurant openings in the city.
Over the past month or so, Mississauga welcomed Reds Wine Tavern at Square One, Congee Queen in Heartland Town Centre and Seafood Centre in Meadowvale Town Centre.
Now, it looks like Meadowvale Town Centre has welcomed yet another brand new resto—and this one is associated with another casual dining hotspot that's been happily serving the community for a few years.
Social Eatery Winston Churchill, which just opened this week, is actually the sister resto of the bigger (and Mississauga-based) Union Social Eatery.
Although the menu is different from Union Social's, it specializes in the same casual dining fare consumers have come to expect from the brand.
The menu boasts fresh cut bacon salt fries, Thai curry meatballs, spinach artichoke dip, chicken wings (buffalo butter or Gochujang honey), a bacon double cheeseburger, a grilled chicken club salad, Union Social's famous almond crusted chicken tenders, cashew chicken curry, steak frites and more.
The restaurant also offers a small dessert menu that features a white chocolate walnut torte and a chocolate chip cheesecake cup.
The resto has only been open a few days, so it'll be interesting to see if it amasses the same loyal lunch and dinner crowd that Union Social has on lock. With Turtle Jacks no longer in the area, it could capture diners who are missing casual, traditional fare.
So if you’re in the mood for some wings after doing a little local shopping, Social Eatery is worth a look.
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19