Brand New Board Game Cafe Now Open in Mississauga
Something very exciting has come to Mississauga.
And people are pumped.
While Mississauga has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment, people have often called out for more board game cafes—especially when considering the popularity of occasional or ongoing board game nights at existing cafes and recreational hotspots like Studio 89 and DeCode.
Now, gamers can rejoice in the fact that a brand new board game restaurant and cafe is officially open for business in Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga.
Domic’s GG Gaming Cafe, located on Latimer Drive, calls itself a “space for friends and family to enjoy each other’s company while playing cooperative or competitive board games.”
The project is backed by well-known local YouTube star, Domics, an animator who creates videos about everything from crushes and butts to parking and Asian food.
Judging by the website, the cafe hopes to be a community hotspot for a diverse array of players.
“The cafe embodies cooperative play and positive outreach; we believe in equal opportunity, collaboration, and wholesome fun. A safe place where people can come to learn classic board games or new ones,” the website reads.
The cafe welcomes all players in parties of any size (although seating is based on availability), and players can stay as long as they like for $7 a person. That said, two-hour limits are enforced during peak times.
Players are also asked to only have one game going at once, to ensure there are enough games for other customers.
And if gaming makes you hungry, you can order food.
Some menu items include Winner! Winner! Karaage Dinner, fries, the hipster platter with hummus (you can choose from several flavours), churros, waffle bites and cookies with milk (a throwback to your younger days).
Since the place is a cafe, there are a ton of hot beverages available, including espressos, Americanos, lattes, mochas cappuccinos, teas, affogatos and more.
Operators say the cafe is 100 per cent nut-free, but adds that gluten-free, halal and vegan food products are not yet available.
The cafe officially opened at the end of April.
Cover photo courtesy of Domics’ GG Gaming Cafe’s official Facebook page
- Here's When Tougher Distracted Driving Rules Are Coming to Mississauga
- Intersection Closed After Four Vehicle Crash in Mississauga
- Health Canada Investigating Countrywide Outbreak of Salmonella Infections
- Police Searching for Missing 13-Year-Old Boy in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Vows to End Cap-and-Trade Program
- Is a Board Game Cafe Coming to Mississauga?
- Top 5 Board Game Restaurants and Cafes in Mississauga
- Unique New Restaurant With Board Game Nights Now Open in Mississauga
- A Popular Mississauga Cafe Will Stay Open Due to Substantial Donation
- Popular Cafe Opening New Location Inside Major Grocery Store in Mississauga