Brampton’s World of Jazz Festival will feature numerous live and virtual performances
Published August 26, 2021 at 1:47 pm
The fifth anniversary of Brampton’s World of Jazz Festival is being held Sept. 11 and 12 at a variety of venues in the city.
The World of Jazz Festival is the annual signature event for B-Jazzed, hosting more than 100 musicians performing over two days, in downtown Brampton.
The World of Jazz Festival extends an opportunity for local students, hobbyists, and professional musicians to perform across its various stages, and has featured Canadian and international jazz luminaries, such as Michael Kaeshammer, and the Count Basie Orchestra.
Here is the schedule for the weekend:
Saturday, Sept. 11
GAGE PARK (45 Main St. S.)
- 8:30 a.m. – The Sidemen
- 10:00 a.m. – Frank Adriano Quartet
- 11:30 a.m. – Enviro Drum
- 1:00 p.m. – L & M Faculty Band
- 2:30 p.m. – Tonefusion
- 4:00 p.m. – Georgetown Jazz Collective
SEGOVIA COFFEE CO. (46 Main St. N.)
- 10 a.m. – noon – Ricky Franco
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Sam Dickinson
J.RED & CO (341 Main St. N.)
- 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Cooley & Caringi Duo
KEENAN’S IRISH PUB (550 Queen St. W. #9)
- 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Joe’s Jazz Jam
MT. VESUVIO’S (91 George St. S.)
- 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Fernanda Cunha & Reg Schwager
Sunday, Sept. 12
Livestreaming from the Telus Centre for Performance & Learning
Watch on Facebook or YouTube
- 1:15 p.m. – Trane of Thought: A Tribute to John Coltrane
- 2:15 p.m. – Big Butter & Egg Men
- 3:15 p.m. – Saint “O”
- 4:15 p.m. – Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar
- 5:15 p.m. – Son D’Aqui: A Tribute to the Fania Label
- 6:30 p.m. – Rob Tardik
B-Jazzed, the event organizer, was founded as a not-for-profit organization in 2017, with a core vision of curating performances, promoting education, community engagement, and a respect for the various abilities and styles of jazz music and its musicians.
B-Jazzed conducts clinics and masterclasses, and sponsors performances throughout the year, including weekly performances at the Brampton Golf Club, Joe’s Jazz Jam at Wendel Clark’s every Friday, and Jazz at J. Red & Co. every Sunday.
For more information about the festival, visit the website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies