Brampton's new Chalo! FreshCo celebrates grand opening
Chalo! Brampton shoppers.
Local residents have a new place to fill their grocery needs with the opening Thursday of the Chalo! FreshCo on Airport Road and Countryside in Brampton.
The Brampton store is the fifth Chalo! FreshCo location in the province and eighth in Canada, and is an extension of the FreshCo discount grocery brand.
Chalo is FreshCo’s unique way of welcoming customers to its stores and means “let’s go” in Hindi and Punjabi.
The converted Sobeys store promises to offer quality North American products, food and fresh produce at “industry-low” prices, as well as an expansive South Asian product assortment.
Customers will love the large variety of dhal, rice and flour. The store will also feature an Aman Meat Shop counter and a Samosa Sweet Factory coming soon.
Owned and operated by Hamza Rizwan, the store has a team of more than 120 employees.
To help commemorate the opening, the store donated $2,500 to the Seva Food Bank to help address food security in the community and is also donating 250 meals to the Humaniti’s Share A Meal program for community members in need.
PHOTO COURTESY OF CHALO! FRESHCO
- Meat product recalled at Sobeys and FreshCo grocery stores
- Meat product recall at FreshCo and Sobeys grocery stores
- Employees at FreshCo locations in Brampton test positive for COVID-19
- Two Brampton grocery store workers test positive for COVID-19
- Worker at store in Castlemore area of Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Mississauga and Brampton may have seen last of the lockdowns, says Peel Region's top doctor
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood