Brampton's Blair looking to lead Hoyas to upset in NCAA March Madness opener
Brampton March Madness fans will have someone local to root for when the annual NCAA Basketball Tournament begins later this week.
Brampton native Jahvon Blair and his No. 12 seed Georgetown Hoyas (13-12) will look to upset the No. 5 Colorado Buffaloes (22-8) in their first-round East Region game, Saturday, at 12:15 p.m.
The six-foot-four, 190 lbs. senior guard, who attended St. Edmund Campion High School in Brampton, averaged 15.8 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists for the Hoyas this season.
The 68-team tournament, which was cancelled last season because of the pandemic, officially kicks off Thursday with two First four- play-in games.
The championship game is scheduled for April 5.
The entire tournament this year will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana and surrounding areas.
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY PHOTO
- Oakville's Cyrus looking to lead Gauchos to upset in NCAA March Madness opener
- Mississauga's Jack and Seminoles set for NCAA March Madness opener
- Milton's Lufile and Golden Eagles look to stun Buckeyes in NCAA March Madness opener
- Lufile and Golden Eagles off to Sweet 16 at NCAA Tournament
- VIDEO: Brampton NBA hopeful shines at pre-draft event
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other