Brampton teen faces drug and weapon charges
A Brampton teenager faces drug and weapon charges following a traffic stop by police.
Peel Regional Police say around 11 p.m. on March 29 uniform patrol officers stopped a vehicle in the area of Highway 50 and Ebenezer Rd. in Brampton.
As a result of investigation, the driver was arrested which resulted in officers locating a .22 calibre firearm in the vehicle.
Justin Sharma, 18, has been charged with the following offences:
1) Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
2) Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
3) Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
4) Possession of an opiod
Sharma was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Tuesday, March 30, 2021.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Mississauga man and Brampton man facing firearm charges following assault in Brampton
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- A takedown by Peel police tactical unit leads to gun, weapon charges against two men
- Impaired driving call leads police to seize loaded firearm in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers