Brampton teen faces drug and weapon charges
A Brampton teenager faces drug and weapon charges following a traffic stop by police.
Peel Regional Police say around 11 p.m. on March 29 uniform patrol officers stopped a vehicle in the area of Highway 50 and Ebenezer Rd. in Brampton.
As a result of investigation, the driver was arrested which resulted in officers locating a .22 calibre firearm in the vehicle.
Justin Sharma, 18, has been charged with the following offences:
1) Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
2) Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
3) Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
4) Possession of an opiod
Sharma was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Tuesday, March 30, 2021.
- Traffic stop leads to firearm, drug charges against Mississauga man
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Mississauga man and Brampton man facing firearm charges following assault in Brampton
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket
- Lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke when he heard ‘Big Winner’
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton