Brampton teen charged with attempted murder in Northern Ontario
A Brampton teenager has been charged in connection with a shooting that took place in a small Northern Ontario town.
According to the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), officers were sent to a home in Espanola after reports of a shooting on January 21.
Witnesses said several people were seen running from the home after the shots were heard and when police arrived a person was found with a gunshot wound. The person is now being treated in hospital.
A short time later the OPP along with the Greater Sudbury Police Service (GSPS) Tactical Unit arrested three individuals near Sudbury in the community of Lively.
Jayline Bastein, 19, of Brampton is charged with:
- Attempt to commit murder using a restricted firearm or prohibited firearm
- Break, enter a place - with intent to commit indictable offence
Jaisha Mesquito, 20, from Markham and Jaedyn Williams, 18, of no fixed address also face the same charges.
All three accused persons appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Espanola on January 22 and were remanded into custody.
Police are looking for two other men they believe are involved in this case.
- Toronto teen charged with attempted murder in Mississauga shooting
- Two face attempted murder charge for Brampton summer shooting
- Mississauga and Brampton couple charged with drug trafficking in Northern Ontario
- Three people charged with murder of Brampton man
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga