Brampton teen arrested after knife pulled during Oakville shoe robbery
A Brampton teen is facing a trio of charges after he allegedly pulled a knife during a shoe robbery in Oakville this past Saturday.
At approximately 4:45 p.m., Halton Regional Police say a teen, who arranged to sell a pair of sneakers online, met with the suspect and potential buyer near Hibiscus Gardens.
Both parties were unfamiliar to one another previous to the meeting.
The suspect would end up grabbing the shoes and a struggle took place with the seller before the Brampton teen was able to take off with the shoes.
A witness to the incident, who called police, was confronted by the suspect, who responded by pulling a knife and holding it up to the witness.
It was just after police showed up and arrested the male suspect.
No injuries were reported.
Halton Regional Police have charged the 17-year-old male with robbery, assault with a weapon and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
- Police searching for suspect after robbery with knife in Mississauga
- One suspect on the run after robbery with knife in Mississauga
- Police dog tracks down armed robbery suspect in Mississauga
- Suspect in Custody for Robbery with Knife in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Robbery in Oakville
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- Some universities say no to proof of vaccination requirement