Brampton street battle turns out to be nothing but fun with the dog
Peel Police had to call off the troops late Sunday night after reports of people battling in the streets of Brampton with sticks and angry dogs turned out to be a little less than that.
A lot less, actually.
According to police they were called to the Mount Royal Cl. and Landscape Dr. area just before 10 p.m. following a report that up to six people were fighting with sticks and that dogs were present.
When officers arrived they determined there was no fight, that the six people were playing tag, and the sticks were being used for the dogs to fetch.
There were no charges laid, the SIU wasn't called in, and no animals were harmed. Twitter, however, was still lit a day later with a few memes and a lot of sarcasm
- Teen girl dies after being mauled by three dogs in Ontario
- Police responding to people fighting with bats, damaging vehicles in Brampton
- Mississauga Animal Rescue Organization on Mission to Save Dogs in Tennessee
- Brampton man charged with attempted murder after two people hospitalized in late night attack
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three