Brampton man takes the big spin for a big win
Cardon Douglas is feeling pretty good today.
You would, too, if you just won $275,000.
Brampton's Douglas picked up the prize after winning The Big Spin instant game (#3100) from the Ontario Lottery Corporation.
Cardon said he went into Conestoga Convenience on Bovaird Dr. recently and noticed the person in front of him in line bought a ticket.
"I purchased the last two left in the tray," he shared while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his winnings. "I like instant tickets, they're fun to scratch!"
The 38-year-old food production worker said when he realized he was a winner he started to shake. "I didn't want to stick around the store," he said. "I wanted to take my ticket and go straight home!"
Cardon said he really enjoyed spinning The Big Spin Wheel at the prize centre. "It was so much fun!"
He said he plans to celebrate his win with a bottle of champagne and looks forward to a little more comfort in his life.
"I'm going to enjoy life debt-free and save the rest for vacation back to my home country when possible to celebrate with my family," he concluded.
- Brampton instant winner taking $250,000 lottery prize to the bank
- Mississauga Resident Takes Home Huge Win in Brand New Lotto Game
- Hamilton steel mill worker wins top prize in an Instant Ticket
- Brampton lottery player tried something new and wins the top prize
- Mississauga Resident Wins Big Lotto Prize
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial