Brampton man takes the big spin for a big win
Cardon Douglas is feeling pretty good today.
You would, too, if you just won $275,000.
Brampton's Douglas picked up the prize after winning The Big Spin instant game (#3100) from the Ontario Lottery Corporation.
Cardon said he went into Conestoga Convenience on Bovaird Dr. recently and noticed the person in front of him in line bought a ticket.
"I purchased the last two left in the tray," he shared while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his winnings. "I like instant tickets, they're fun to scratch!"
The 38-year-old food production worker said when he realized he was a winner he started to shake. "I didn't want to stick around the store," he said. "I wanted to take my ticket and go straight home!"
Cardon said he really enjoyed spinning The Big Spin Wheel at the prize centre. "It was so much fun!"
He said he plans to celebrate his win with a bottle of champagne and looks forward to a little more comfort in his life.
"I'm going to enjoy life debt-free and save the rest for vacation back to my home country when possible to celebrate with my family," he concluded.
- International travelers are just walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport, ignoring quarantine rules
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga
- Employee at Loblaws in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Brampton and Mississauga Lowe's locations hosting hiring day to fill 240 positions