Brampton man "overwhelmed" after winning Lottario jackpot
A Brampton man has won the Lottario jackpot.
Roopnarine Sooknanan is now $478,888.40 richer by claiming the top prize in the February 27 draw.
Roopnarine, 65, said he checked his ticket with the OLG Lottery App when he saw "Big Winner" appear. "I went to the store the next day to validate it," he shared.
Roopnarine said he told his goddaughter and father about the win. "They were very happy!"
He plans to pay some bills, invest and gift some of his winnings.
“This feels fantastic - I'm so overwhelmed," he concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at Esso on Main St. in Brampton.
- 'My wife and I couldn't believe it:' Hamilton grandfather wins Lottario jackpot
- Massive Jackpot Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Brampton father of six a "blessed man" after cashing in winning lottery ticket
- Winning LOTTO ticket sold in Mississauga, jackpot still up for grabs
- Brampton cabinet maker “feels good” about winning big in Lotto 6/49
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga