Brampton man "overwhelmed" after winning Lottario jackpot
A Brampton man has won the Lottario jackpot.
Roopnarine Sooknanan is now $478,888.40 richer by claiming the top prize in the February 27 draw.
Roopnarine, 65, said he checked his ticket with the OLG Lottery App when he saw "Big Winner" appear. "I went to the store the next day to validate it," he shared.
Roopnarine said he told his goddaughter and father about the win. "They were very happy!"
He plans to pay some bills, invest and gift some of his winnings.
“This feels fantastic - I'm so overwhelmed," he concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at Esso on Main St. in Brampton.
- Massive Jackpot Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Brampton cabinet maker “feels good” about winning big in Lotto 6/49
- Winning LOTTO ticket sold in Mississauga, jackpot still up for grabs
- A $1 million prize went to a lottery player in Ontario but no jackpot winner
- Big lottery prize has Brampton resident not believing her eyes
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- 65% of all Mississauga and Brampton residents will have the vaccine by early June
- Peel's Chief Medical Officer of Health chats about COVID-19 and vaccinations for Mississauga and Brampton- April 14, 2021