Brampton man gunned down while driving in car
A Brampton man has died in an overnight shooting in Toronto.
Police say Michael Opong Berchie, 23, was the victim of the gun attack which occurred on Lawrence Ave. W. near Caledonia Rd.
Toronto police say Berchie was in a car with another person when another vehicle pulled up alongside and started shooting just before 10 p.m. last night (February 8).
When police and emergency crews arrived at the scene they found Berchie suffering from the gunshot wounds and took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Witness reports say two people were spotted driving away from the scene in a light-coloured, four-door compact SUV heading westbound on Lawrence and then south on Dufferin St.
- Three people charged with murder of Brampton man
- Male suffering from gunshot wounds following shooting in Brampton
- Police not looking for suspect in shooting that left three dead at Toronto party
- Man shot in Brampton last week has died in hospital, homicide investigation now underway
- Police Investigating Shooting That Occurred in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU