Brampton man gunned down while driving in car
A Brampton man has died in an overnight shooting in Toronto.
Police say Michael Opong Berchie, 23, was the victim of the gun attack which occurred on Lawrence Ave. W. near Caledonia Rd.
Toronto police say Berchie was in a car with another person when another vehicle pulled up alongside and started shooting just before 10 p.m. last night (February 8).
When police and emergency crews arrived at the scene they found Berchie suffering from the gunshot wounds and took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Witness reports say two people were spotted driving away from the scene in a light-coloured, four-door compact SUV heading westbound on Lawrence and then south on Dufferin St.
- Three people charged with murder of Brampton man
- Male suffering from gunshot wounds following shooting in Brampton
- Police not looking for suspect in shooting that left three dead at Toronto party
- Police Identify Man Who Was Gunned Down in Brazen Daylight Shooting in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Shooting That Occurred in Mississauga
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Two Mississauga 16-year-olds arrested for burning Pride flag
- Killer rapist Paul Bernardo faces parole hearing today; victim families opposed
- Swiss Chalet set to re-open in Mississauga after closing down for a while