Brampton man grabbed by Peel police, charged with four robberies
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Central Robbery Bureau have arrested and charged a 33-year-old man from Brampton related to a series of robberies.
Between February 26 and April 6 of this year, the suspect is alleged to have committed four robberies in Brampton, three being banks and one at a store.
On February 26, a suspect went into a bank in the area of Queen St. and Main St. where he passed a note to a worker making a demand for money. The suspect obtained a quantity of currency and fled the scene.
On April 1, the suspect wasn't joking when he went back to the same bank and again passed a note to a bank employee making a demand for money. Again he got some cash and took off.
April 3 had a suspect pulling out a knife and demanding money at a convenience store in the area of Queen St. and West Dr. The suspect did not get what he was looking for and left the store empty handed.
Finally, on April 6, a suspect robbed another bank in the area of Dixie Rd. and Queen St. He demanded money and again passed a note to the bank employee. The suspect got some cash and fled.
Police say investigators were already conducting a detailed criminal investigation into the previous three robberies when the fourth robbery occurred. The investigation took them to the area of Queen St. and West Dr. where police arrested a man two hours after the last robbery occurred. The man was found in possession of robbery related-property at the time of the arrest.
There were no physical injuries in these series of robberies.
Nouradine Ahmed has been charged with four counts of robbery and four counts of wear disguise with intent. He was also in breach of his parole order stemming from robbery related convictions from 2017. He appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice for a bail hearing today.
- Brampton man arrested for series of robberies over five weeks
- Police searching for outstanding suspect allegedly connected to series of bank robberies in Brampton, Mississauga, and Toronto
- Police Hunting for Robbery Suspect Who Has Hit Brampton and Mississauga
- Police dog tracks down armed robbery suspect in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Female Bank Robbery Suspect
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Mississauga, Brampton, Halton and Hamilton under air quality warning from forest fires