Brampton man faces numerous charges filed by police in Belleville
An incident that took place in Belleville has led to charges against a Brampton man.
Police say in December they were called to a residence regarding a dispute between a man and a woman.
The man had been staying at the woman's apartment, but she had left with her children because she feared for their safety.
Police say their investigation revealed the man was wanted in connection with a pursuit earlier in the month where an officer was almost run down by a fleeing vehicle.
Subsequently, in January, Belleville Police along with their K9 Unit arrested a man and took him into custody.
Andrew Vernon, 40, has since been charged with:
* Flight from Police
* Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
* Assaulting a police officer
* Assault with a weapon
* Driving under suspension
* Using plates not authorized for a vehicle
* Driving a motor vehicle with no valid permit
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Hitting and Dragging Police Officer with Vehicle
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Mississauga Man Facing Multiple Charges Following Police Investigation and Pursuit
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer
- Peel police officer not facing charges after woman bitten by police dog in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot