Brampton man faces numerous charges filed by police in Belleville
An incident that took place in Belleville has led to charges against a Brampton man.
Police say in December they were called to a residence regarding a dispute between a man and a woman.
The man had been staying at the woman's apartment, but she had left with her children because she feared for their safety.
Police say their investigation revealed the man was wanted in connection with a pursuit earlier in the month where an officer was almost run down by a fleeing vehicle.
Subsequently, in January, Belleville Police along with their K9 Unit arrested a man and took him into custody.
Andrew Vernon, 40, has since been charged with:
* Flight from Police
* Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
* Assaulting a police officer
* Assault with a weapon
* Driving under suspension
* Using plates not authorized for a vehicle
* Driving a motor vehicle with no valid permit
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Hitting and Dragging Police Officer with Vehicle
- Hamilton man accused of fleeing police into oncoming traffic before vehicle catches fire
- Mississauga Man Facing Multiple Charges Following Police Investigation and Pursuit
- Suspect Leads Police on Pursuit, Ditches Vehicle in Mississauga
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases