Brampton man faces 26 firearm and drug charges following arrest in Owen Sound
A Brampton man faces 26 firearm and drug-related offences following an arrest in Owen Sound.
Police say a lengthy investigation into fentanyl and methamphetamine trafficking led them to arrest Daniel Anderson, 35, on March 31.
Police say they confronted the accused after he got out of a rented vehicle upon arriving at an Owen Sound home. At the time police allege the accused was in possession of a loaded .45 semi-automatic pistol that was hidden in a shoulder holster along with several rounds of ammunition.
A further search of a vehicle uncovered two loaded pump-action shotguns, shotgun and additional handgun bullets, body armour, knives and an expandable baton.
Drugs were also seized including fentanyl, crystal meth and a large amount of cash.
Owen Sound Police say the accused had previously been issued a lifetime ban on possessing guns following a 2017 conviction for possessing drugs and explosives.
"This is a significant seizure both of drugs and weapons and it reflects our Service's continuous commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of our community," said Owen Sound Police Chief Craig Ambrose.
Anderson has been held in custody for a bail hearing.
(Photo; Owen Sound Police display weapons, ammunition and other items following recent arrest)
- Brampton man facing numerous theft and assault charges after day-long crime spree in Owen Sound
- Brooklin pounds Owen Sound to remain unbeaten at MSL Classic in Oakville
- Oakville woman pulled over in Parry Sound for high beams facing drugs and weapons charges
- Appeal overturns transfer of Brampton Excelsiors lacrosse club to Owen Sound...for now
- Drugs and weapons seized in Lindsay, Brampton man charged
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Two males involved in Brampton collision flee on foot, Peel police say
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital