Brampton man charged with sexual assualt in Alliston
A Brampton man has been charged following a sexual assault investigation at a medical facility in Alliston.
Nottawasaga OPP say they were contacted by a woman on March 9 following a procedure at the facility in the town located an hour north of Brampton. She complained she had been assaulted during her treatment at the facility.
"The members of the Nottawasaga OPP Crime Unit work with victims to encourage reporting of serious crimes," said Detective Sergeant Sarah Vance of the Nottawasaga OPP Crime Unit. "Victim impact and understanding is a primary goal when investigating a crime against a person. Officers are committed to assisting victims during what is often the worst experience of their lives, providing support throughout criminal investigations and pending court proceedings."
Ankur Sharma, 35, has been charged with sexual assault.
Investigators with the OPP ask those who have further information about this case or others to contact them at 1-888-310-1122
- Brampton business owner facing sexual assault charges
- Corrections officer from Brampton charged with sexual assault
- Brampton man charged with luring and sexually assualting underage girl in small town
- Former Peel Police detective charged with sexual assault
- 77 year old charged with sexual assault at massage clinic in Brampton
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers