Brampton man charged with sexual assualt in Alliston
A Brampton man has been charged following a sexual assault investigation at a medical facility in Alliston.
Nottawasaga OPP say they were contacted by a woman on March 9 following a procedure at the facility in the town located an hour north of Brampton. She complained she had been assaulted during her treatment at the facility.
"The members of the Nottawasaga OPP Crime Unit work with victims to encourage reporting of serious crimes," said Detective Sergeant Sarah Vance of the Nottawasaga OPP Crime Unit. "Victim impact and understanding is a primary goal when investigating a crime against a person. Officers are committed to assisting victims during what is often the worst experience of their lives, providing support throughout criminal investigations and pending court proceedings."
Ankur Sharma, 35, has been charged with sexual assault.
Investigators with the OPP ask those who have further information about this case or others to contact them at 1-888-310-1122
- Brampton business owner facing sexual assault charges
- Corrections officer from Brampton charged with sexual assault
- Brampton man arrested, charged with sexual assault crimes spanning several years
- Former Peel Police detective charged with sexual assault
- Brampton man charged with luring and sexually assualting underage girl in small town
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton