Brampton man charged with luring and sexually assualting underage girl in small town
Ontario Provincial Police have charged a Brampton man with sexually assaulting an underage girl.
Police say the incident took place in Angus, located an hour north of Brampton near Barrie.
Acting on a complaint from the girl, Nottawasaga Provincial Police say she had met the man through a mutual friend and continued to communicate through SnapChat.
Police say the two eventually met in Angus in January where the girl was given alcohol and then assaulted.
Amir Noori, 24, of Brampton, who also goes by the name Tony Chanso, has now been charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of luring someone under the age of 16.
He was released following a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear in court again in March.
Police ask that anyone with information regarding this investigation contact Nottawasaga OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
(THE CANADIAN PRESS photo/Andrew Lahodynskyj
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Brampton man charged with sexual assualt in Alliston
- 77 year old charged with sexual assault at massage clinic in Brampton
- Brampton business owner facing sexual assault charges
- Hamilton Police officer charged with sexual assault after 5-month SIU investigation
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents can book vaccination at Doses After Dark
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga