Brampton man charged with luring and sexually assualting underage girl in small town
Ontario Provincial Police have charged a Brampton man with sexually assaulting an underage girl.
Police say the incident took place in Angus, located an hour north of Brampton near Barrie.
Acting on a complaint from the girl, Nottawasaga Provincial Police say she had met the man through a mutual friend and continued to communicate through SnapChat.
Police say the two eventually met in Angus in January where the girl was given alcohol and then assaulted.
Amir Noori, 24, of Brampton, who also goes by the name Tony Chanso, has now been charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of luring someone under the age of 16.
He was released following a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear in court again in March.
Police ask that anyone with information regarding this investigation contact Nottawasaga OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
(THE CANADIAN PRESS photo/Andrew Lahodynskyj
- 77 year old charged with sexual assault at massage clinic in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To A Child Luring Investigation
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Woman on Bus
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”