Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau have arrested and charged a man from Brampton in relation to a major collision in Mississauga.
On Sunday (June 23) around 1:44 am, Andrew Paiva, 20, of Brampton was allegedly engaged in a street race in the area of Drew Road and Torbram Road in Mississauga.
At that time, the victim, a 23-year-old man from Brampton, was on the roadway when he was struck by the vehicle. The victim was transported to the Trauma Centre with life-threatening injuries where he remains.
Paiva was arrested today (June 25) and charged with Criminal Negligence Causing Bodily Harm and Failure to Stop at Accident Resulting in Bodily Harm. He is set to appear for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on June 26.
Anyone with information related to this collision is asked to contact the Major Collision Bureau (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga man charged in relation to fatal collision
- Mississauga man charged in relation to hit-and-run that sent one to hospital
- Teen Charged After Mother and Toddler Killed in Collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Hitting Pedestrian in Brampton
- Two men charged after aggressive driving incident in Brampton sends two people to hospital
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Residential fire in Brampton closes down roadway Tuesday night