Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau have arrested and charged a man from Brampton in relation to a major collision in Mississauga.
On Sunday (June 23) around 1:44 am, Andrew Paiva, 20, of Brampton was allegedly engaged in a street race in the area of Drew Road and Torbram Road in Mississauga.
At that time, the victim, a 23-year-old man from Brampton, was on the roadway when he was struck by the vehicle. The victim was transported to the Trauma Centre with life-threatening injuries where he remains.
Paiva was arrested today (June 25) and charged with Criminal Negligence Causing Bodily Harm and Failure to Stop at Accident Resulting in Bodily Harm. He is set to appear for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on June 26.
Anyone with information related to this collision is asked to contact the Major Collision Bureau (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Suspect flees armed bank robbery in Mississauga
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Hitting Pedestrian in Brampton
- Teen Charged After Mother and Toddler Killed in Collision in Mississauga
- Arrest Made in Connection to a Fatal Fail to Remain Collision
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision