Brampton man charged in death of teenager struck by boat last summer near Kitchener
Following a lengthy investigation by the Ontario Provincial Police, a Brampton man now faces charges after a teenager was struck and killed by a boat on Conestogo Lake last summer.
The incident occurred on July 26 at the lake in Mapleton Township located north of Kitchener.
After receiving a call, emergency crews pulled Tania Yonan, 13, of Kitchener from the lake after she had been struck by a boat. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The investigation involved Wellington County OPP's Technical Collision Investigators, Crime Unit and Marine Unit.
Charged with careless operation of a vessel, unsafe operation of a vessel, and failing to ensure the safety of a craft and persons on board is Ayad Warda, 60, of Brampton.
Warda has a court date scheduled for February 12 in Guelph.
(OPP file photo)
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton