Brampton man charged in connection with viral Mississauga porch pirate video
A 33-year-old Brampton man is facing charges in connection with an alleged case of porch piracy that was filmed and widely circulated.
The man, who Peel Police are not naming, is charged with fraud under $5,000 and theft under $5,000.
He has subsequently been released on the promise of returning for a future court date.
The video was posted on social media by residents of a home in Mississauga yesterday and quickly spread.
In the video, the alleged thief is confronted by the homeowners, but when he tries to flee in his car he gets stuck in a snowbank. Unable to free his vehicle, the man is later confronted by police.
Police are continuing to look into this case.
- VIDEO: Homeowners, snow foil attempt at Mississauga porch piracy
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police Searching for "Porch Pirate" After Package Stolen in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Huge TTC Fraud Case
- Retired Peel Police Officer Charged in Fraud Case
- Peel police share concerns over viral social media post
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga