Brampton man arrested for series of robberies over five weeks
A Brampton man has been charged by Peel Police for a series of robberies that took place over three months beginning in April.
The 33-year-old suspect is alleged to have robbed three banks and a convenience store in Brampton, between Feb. 26 and April 6.
In the first robbery on Feb. 26, the suspect entered a bank in the area of Queen Street and Main Street and passed a note to a teller demanding money and then fled the scene after he obtained a quantity of cash.
Three days later he pulled off the same heist at the same bank before once again fleeing the scene with cash.
On April 3, the suspect entered a convenience store in the area of Queen St. and West Dr. and used a knife to demand money. He would flee the scene with no property.
The same suspect robbed another bank in the area of Dixie Road and Queen St. on Apr. 6. He passed a note to a bank employee demanding money and once fled the scene after obtaining an amount of cash.
With police already investigating the three previous robberies, the suspect was arrested approximately two hours after the last heist in the area of Queen St. West and West Line Dr.
At the time of his arrest, the suspect was found in possession of robbery related property.
Police say there were no injuries during any of the robberies.
Nouradine Ahmed, 33, is charged with four counts of robbery and four counts wear disguise with intent. He is also in breach of his parole order stemming from robbery related convictions from 2017.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is asked to call the Central Robbery Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3402. Information can also be presented anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
PEEL REGION POLICE PHOTO
- Brampton man grabbed by Peel police, charged with four robberies
- Police searching for outstanding suspect allegedly connected to series of bank robberies in Brampton, Mississauga, and Toronto
- Police Hunting for Robbery Suspect Who Has Hit Brampton and Mississauga
- Police Seeking Mississauga Bank Robbery Suspect
- Police dog tracks down armed robbery suspect in Mississauga
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- New go-karting track opening in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated