Brampton man arrested for arson
In December of 2020, the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) responded to a report of an attempted deployment of an incendiary device targeting an address on Bonney Meadow Road in Oakville.
Police say the investigation at the scene revealed that the suspected attempted to utilize a breakable glass bottle containing a flammable substance, commonly referred to as a 'Molotov Cocktail', but was unsuccessful and ultimately fled the area.
According to police, on February 8, 2021, the suspect, Sem Golov, a 24-year-old from Brampton was arrested and charged with arson and breach of weapons prohibition order (2 counts).
The investigation revealed this was a targeted incident, according to police.
Anyone with information in regards to any of these occurrences is asked to contact Detective Barry Malciw, Oakville Criminal Investigation Bureau, 905-825-4747 extension 2218.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Oakville male arrested in online extortion investigation
- Mississauga man arrested in relation to stabbing at Oakville park
- Police seeking public's assistance in solving arson investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga man arrested following double homicide investigation in Georgetown
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases