Brampton man arrested for arson
In December of 2020, the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) responded to a report of an attempted deployment of an incendiary device targeting an address on Bonney Meadow Road in Oakville.
Police say the investigation at the scene revealed that the suspected attempted to utilize a breakable glass bottle containing a flammable substance, commonly referred to as a 'Molotov Cocktail', but was unsuccessful and ultimately fled the area.
According to police, on February 8, 2021, the suspect, Sem Golov, a 24-year-old from Brampton was arrested and charged with arson and breach of weapons prohibition order (2 counts).
The investigation revealed this was a targeted incident, according to police.
Anyone with information in regards to any of these occurrences is asked to contact Detective Barry Malciw, Oakville Criminal Investigation Bureau, 905-825-4747 extension 2218.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Oakville male arrested in online extortion investigation
- Police seeking public's assistance in solving arson investigation in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Help in Attempted Murder Investigation in Mississauga
- Three Mississauga residents charged in stolen property investigation
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”