Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
Five people, including a 14-year-old and a Brampton resident, are facing robbery charges.
Peel police allege that on the afternoon of Feb. 9, 2021, four suspects entered a financial institution in the City of Woodstock to commit a robbery. Police say that the suspects arrived in a vehicle that was allegedly stolen that same day in Brampton.
Police allege that during the robbery, one member of the group brandished a firearm and struck a customer. Police say the employees and customers were forcibly confined in the bank and bound with zip-ties.
A quantity of money was taken and one customer sustained minor injuries, police say.
After coordinating with Woodstock Police Service, Peel police officers located the suspect vehicle in Mississauga. Police say that five suspects were arrested at this time, including the driver of a second vehicle allegedly involved in the robbery.
An imitation firearm was recovered during the arrests, police say, adding that a subsequent search warrant was executed at a residence in Mississauga, resulting in “offence-related property seizure.”
Police say a 16-year-old Mississauga male and a 14-year-old Mississauga male are facing robbery-related charges. Both will appear in court for bail hearings on Feb. 10. Daphne Tran, a 21-year-old Mississauga woman, has been charged with one count of robbery and will appear in court on Feb. 10.
Police also charged Anthony Mitchell, a 19-year-old male from Maple, and Elijah Cromwell, a 19-year-old male from Brampton. Both will appear in court for bail hearings on Feb. 10.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3402.
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- 13-year-old Mississauga boy charged following violent bank robbery
- 18 year old Brampton male arrested after armed robbery in Mississauga
- Four Mississauga teens charged in connection with armed robbery at Brampton pharmacy
- Peel Police Seeking Male Suspect Following Alleged Robbery
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk