Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
Five people, including a 14-year-old and a Brampton resident, are facing robbery charges.
Peel police allege that on the afternoon of Feb. 9, 2021, four suspects entered a financial institution in the City of Woodstock to commit a robbery. Police say that the suspects arrived in a vehicle that was allegedly stolen that same day in Brampton.
Police allege that during the robbery, one member of the group brandished a firearm and struck a customer. Police say the employees and customers were forcibly confined in the bank and bound with zip-ties.
A quantity of money was taken and one customer sustained minor injuries, police say.
After coordinating with Woodstock Police Service, Peel police officers located the suspect vehicle in Mississauga. Police say that five suspects were arrested at this time, including the driver of a second vehicle allegedly involved in the robbery.
An imitation firearm was recovered during the arrests, police say, adding that a subsequent search warrant was executed at a residence in Mississauga, resulting in “offence-related property seizure.”
Police say a 16-year-old Mississauga male and a 14-year-old Mississauga male are facing robbery-related charges. Both will appear in court for bail hearings on Feb. 10. Daphne Tran, a 21-year-old Mississauga woman, has been charged with one count of robbery and will appear in court on Feb. 10.
Police also charged Anthony Mitchell, a 19-year-old male from Maple, and Elijah Cromwell, a 19-year-old male from Brampton. Both will appear in court for bail hearings on Feb. 10.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3402.
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- 13-year-old Mississauga boy charged following violent bank robbery
- 18 year old Brampton male arrested after armed robbery in Mississauga
- Peel Police Seeking Male Suspect Following Alleged Robbery
- Three teens charged following pharmacy robbery in Mississauga
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl last seen driving a car in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules