Brampton lotto winner was afraid to call OLG after he won
I didn't matter how many times Hector East checked his ticket, the result was always the same...he was a winner.
The 62-year-old Brampton resident was looking for every reason not to believe his good fortune but the OLG Lottery App kept on showing that he won the second place prize in the December 19 draw of the Lotto/649 draw.
He's now got a cheque for $72,478.60.
"I saw Big Winner and checked it again and again," said East. "It seemed so unreal. I was afraid to call OLG and hear them tell me I made a mistake!"
The first person Hector told about his win was his son. "He didn't believe me - same with my wife. It finally sunk in for me, but my wife still thinks it's a prank," said East who works as a courier.
Hector said he is going to buy a car for his son and share with his wife. "Family comes first. The rest will help with a down payment on a house. I'm going to call my realtor and tell him I'm ready!"
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Heartlake Rd. in Brampton.
- A big lottery win in Brampton had his wife almost fall on the floor
- Lottery win spares Brampton man the wrath of a woken wife
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Brampton cabinet maker “feels good” about winning big in Lotto 6/49
- A $1 million prize went to a lottery player in Ontario but no jackpot winner
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader