Brampton hospital hosting special vax clinic for kids with complex medical conditions
Published June 15, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Brampton Civic Hospital is hosting a special, one-day COVID-19 vaccine clinic for medically complex kids.
At this one-day clinic, being held Tuesday, June 22, from 3 to 7 p.m., eligible individuals 12–17 years of age will receive their first or second dose (if the first dose was administered on or before May 9) of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the only vaccine currently authorized for use in this age group.
Family and pediatric physicians will be on-site to help administer the vaccine and answer any questions.
Eligible individuals, along with one caregiver, can be identified by their family physician, specialist and/or Osler clinic to be prioritized to receive the COVID-19 vaccine during the medically complex clinic.
Examples of medically complex conditions include:
- Down syndrome;
- Autism spectrum disorder;
- Chromosomal syndromes;
- Physical limitations such as cerebral palsy;
- Intellectual disabilities;
- Children requiring respiratory support such as use of tracheostomy tubes;
- Immunocompromised individuals – oncology population, IBD patients (on immunosuppressant), others on immunosuppressant;
- Active cardiac issues – congenital heart disease;
- Nephrotic syndrome, renal failure;
- Neurological issues such as seizure disorders;
- High BMI (Body Mass Index).
Eligible individuals and their caregiver can self-book online or by phone at 905-494-6685 for the one-day clinic or at any of Osler’s vaccine clinics.
Since Osler opened its COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic in December, it has administered more than 200,000 COVID-19 vaccinations, in alignment with the Ontario Government’s three-phased vaccine distribution plan. Osler remains committed to sharing more information about vaccine rollout plans as they becomes available.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising