Brampton father of six a "blessed man" after cashing in winning lottery ticket
A Brampton father of six will have a little extra pocket change after taking home second prize in the Ontario49 lottery.
Frank Allen, 60, won $50,000 for coming in second as well as cashing in an extra $100 and $40 on other selections in the March 17 draw.
"I couldn't believe it," said Allen who checked his ticket using the OLG lottery app. "I couldn't wait to tell my wife that I am a blessed man."
Allen said the windfall comes at the right time as he intends to pay some bills as well as providing for his family's future.
The ticket was purchased at Petro Canada station on Main St. in Brampton.
- A big lottery win in Brampton had his wife almost fall on the floor
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Brampton ticket holder may have a huge unclaimed lottery prize
- Brampton siblings team-up to land big lottery prize
- Big lottery prize has Brampton resident not believing her eyes
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
- Starbucks close two Brampton locations to deal with COVID-19