Brampton elementary school closed due to COVID-19 outbreak
An elementary school in Brampton has been forced to close due to an outbreak of COVID-19.
According to the Peel District School Board, Lorenville Public School has been closed as a result of nine active cases of the virus associated with the school.
The school currently has five classrooms that are closed, and parents of children who were in affected classrooms will be notified as to when their children can return to school.
There is currently no potential date for when the school will reopen.
- Elementary school in Mississauga closed due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Halton schools reporting 81 COVID-19 cases; one school closed
- Brampton schools reporting 165 COVID-19 cases, six school closures
- LATEST UPDATE: 11 schools now closed in Peel Region as COVID spreads in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
- Seven schools fully closed due to COVID in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga