Brampton driver charged with assaulting officer in traffic stop
Published December 7, 2021 at 3:00 pm
An early morning traffic stop in Brampton on Tuesday ended in assault, firearm and impaired driving charges.
Around 2:00 a.m., Peel Regional Police say officers pulled over a suspected impaired driver in the area of Bovaird Dr. and Hwy 410 in Brampton.
Police say they found a loaded 9 mm Glock compact pistol and illegal drugs inside the vehicle during the traffic stop.
Randy Whyte, 33, of Brampton has been charged with:
- Operation while impaired by alcohol
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Possession of firearm
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
- Assault a peace officer
Police say Whyte was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact Peel regional Police at (905)-453-2121 ext. 2233. You can also contact Peel Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.cainsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising