Brampton Daily Grand lotto winner wants to buy house, take vacation with daughter
A Brampton mother is half-a-million dollars richer today after cashing in the Daily Grand lottery.
Jennifer James matched all five main numbers to win a second prize of $25,000 a year for life with Daily Grand in the June 14 draw. She took the lump sum prize of $500,000.
The mother of five was on her way home from work when she decided to stop at the store for a Lotto Max ticket. She checked her other tickets at the same time and that’s when she discovered she won big.
“I couldn’t sleep the first night. I didn’t believe it!”
James told her daughter about her win right away.
“She didn’t believe me. She said I was a liar,” she laughed. “Then she was jumping up and down!”
James plans to purchase a new home with her winnings.
“Maybe we will take a vacation. I want my daughter to travel with me.”
James said she enjoys playing Daily Grand because she doesn’t hear of winners as often on this game as others, so she thought she had a chance.
The winning ticket was purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart on Goreway Drive in Mississauga.
Daily Grand is a national lottery game with a top prize of $1,000 a day for life for matching the five main numbers plus the Grand Number. The second prize is $25,000 a year for life for matching the five main numbers.
- Brampton instant winner taking $250,000 lottery prize to the bank
- Hamilton mother inches closer to millionaire after top prize in Lightning Lotto game
- Mississauga resident among group of 12 who won $15-million lottery grand prize
- Mississauga sales associate enjoying big lotto win
- Brampton siblings team-up to land big lottery prize
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario