Brampton Carjacking Suspect Crashes in Mississauga
A man is in handcuffs after allegedly carjacking a vehicle at knifepoint in Brampton then crashing into a bus in Mississauga on Tuesday morning.
“Charges are pending,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
It started at 7:36 a.m. near Steeles Ave. and Rutherford Rd.
That’s when a male approached the victim holding a knife and made a demand for the car.
The victim wasn’t injured.
The man left in the vehicle.
At 7:54 a.m. a call came in from Malton about a fail to remain crash at Darcel Ave. and Middleshire Dr., roughly 20 kms away.
“It looks like the same vehicle was involved in a collision with a Mississauga Transit bus but the driver of the vehicle took off on foot,” said Gibbs.
Canine and tactical units searched the area and found the man.
No one on the bus was injured, said Gibbs.
The central robbery unit is investigating.
- Woman Who Worked in Mississauga Identified as Burlington Murder Victim
- VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: Massive Fire Causes Chaos in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Businesses Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Mississauga Family Seeking Help After Grandmother Suffers a Stroke While on Vacation
- Biggest Japanese Food Festival Happening This Weekend in Mississauga
- Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Gunpoint Carjacking Suspect Arrested in Mississauga
- Suspect Crashes Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Then Flees
- Peel Police Nab 2 Violent Carjacking Suspects