Brampton and Mississauga youths charged in an armed Rogers cell phone store robbery
Published August 15, 2022 at 3:11 pm
Mississauga and Brampton residents are among five people charged in a cell phone store robbery last week.
Two men walked into the Rogers cell phone store at 91 First Commerce Park Dr., near Aurora Road, in Aurora just before 5 p.m. on Aug. 11, York Regional Police said in a press release.
One man pointed a gun at the store employees while demanding cash and mobile devices. The suspects filled a bag and fled the scene in a vehicle where other suspects waited.
Police identified the suspect vehicle and found the suspects in Toronto. York Police, with the assistance of Peel Regional Police, arrested five people.
The five people charged in connection with a robbery include:
- Tomar Taylor, 19, of Brampton
- Jahmani Grey, 18, of Mississauga
- Michael Opoku, 22, of Mississauga
- Sheanno Whyte, 18, of Brampton
- A 16-year-0ld from Toronto
The accused face charges of:
- Robbery using a restricted or prohibited firearm
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Pointing a firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Fail to comply with judicial release order
Anyone with information on this incident should contact the York Regional Police Hold-Up Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 6631, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies
YRP Hold Unit have charged 5 people in connection with a cell phone store robbery August 11th., in Aurora.
Tomar TAYLOR, 19, and Sheanno WHYTE, 18, of Brampton
Jahmani GREY, 18, and Michael OPOKU, 22, of Mississauga, and a 16-year-old male from Toronto. https://t.co/5GI1DwthiK
— York Regional Police (@YRP) August 15, 2022