Boston Pizza selling smile-pizzas to provide funding for Kids Help Phone
Boston Pizza wants customers to help make kids smile… by taking a big bite out of one.
Starting April 29, Boston Pizza is bringing back their Heart-Shaped Smile Pepperoni Pizza—usually reserved for Valentine’s Day—to help support Kids Help Phone—$1 of the proceeds from every heart-shaped pizza will go to Kids Help Phone.
“Boston Pizza’s locally-owned restaurants have a history of giving back within their communities, as does Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects; this is a great opportunity to support Kids Help Phone at a time when it matters most”, Peter Blackwell, senior vice president of marketing for Boston Pizza, said in a news release.
During the pandemic, Kids Help Phone has seen a significant increase in the number of youths seeking support.
“Kids Help Phone has experienced a nearly 400 per cent increase in calls/texts related to COVID-19 since mid-March, pointing to the depth and breadth of the mental health impact on Canada’s youth”, said Katherine Hay, president and CEO of Kids Help Phone, said in the same release.
- Would You Order a Heart-Shaped Pizza For Valentine's Day?
- COVID-19: Trudeau announces massive funding for Kids Help Phone and programs for seniors
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Mississauga
- Pizza Pizza introducing new tamper-proof box
- Pizza Pizza Introduces New Meat Alternatives to its Menu
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- A new school is set to be built in Mississauga
- Popular cheesecake restaurant now open in Square One in Mississauga