Boston Pizza selling smile-pizzas to provide funding for Kids Help Phone
Boston Pizza wants customers to help make kids smile… by taking a big bite out of one.
Starting April 29, Boston Pizza is bringing back their Heart-Shaped Smile Pepperoni Pizza—usually reserved for Valentine’s Day—to help support Kids Help Phone—$1 of the proceeds from every heart-shaped pizza will go to Kids Help Phone.
“Boston Pizza’s locally-owned restaurants have a history of giving back within their communities, as does Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects; this is a great opportunity to support Kids Help Phone at a time when it matters most”, Peter Blackwell, senior vice president of marketing for Boston Pizza, said in a news release.
During the pandemic, Kids Help Phone has seen a significant increase in the number of youths seeking support.
“Kids Help Phone has experienced a nearly 400 per cent increase in calls/texts related to COVID-19 since mid-March, pointing to the depth and breadth of the mental health impact on Canada’s youth”, said Katherine Hay, president and CEO of Kids Help Phone, said in the same release.
- Would You Order a Heart-Shaped Pizza For Valentine's Day?
- COVID-19: Trudeau announces massive funding for Kids Help Phone and programs for seniors
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Mississauga
- Pizza Pizza introducing new tamper-proof box
- Pizza Pizza Introduces New Meat Alternatives to its Menu
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga