Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask opts out of rest of NHL playoffs
TORONTO -- Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask has opted out of the NHL's playoffs and will be leaving the Toronto secure zone.
Rask made the announcement before Game 3 of the Bruins-Carolina Hurricanes playoff series on Saturday.
Rask says in a statement being with his family is more important than hockey for him right now.
An NHL all-star this year, Rask won the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goaltender in 2014. He helped the Bruins win a Stanley Cup in 2011.
Photo courtesy of NHL.com
- Hurricanes to bring emergency backup goalie Ayres to Raleigh for game
- Raptors and Celtics set to revive Toronto-Boston sports rivalry
- 42 year old zamboni driver becomes emergency goalie helps Hurricanes pick up win over Leafs
- Ayres donates goalie stick to Hockey Hall of Fame; understands EBUG concerns
- Leafs still have a chance to raise Stanley Cup in 2020