Body Found in Mississauga
Yesterday, (Sept. 14), a body was discovered near Erindale Park in the Credit Heights Drive and Rooney Gate area in Mississauga.
The police received a call about the body around 11 a.m. that morning and are currently investigating the discovery.
The investigation is in its infancy and it does not appear that the identity of the deceased person is known at this time. Police did say, however, that the body had been sitting in the location it was found in for quite awhile.
At this point, there does not appear to be any indication of foul play or any threat to public safety.
Anyone with any information can call the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 1133. You can also leave information anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), visiting the Crime Stoppers website or by texting CRIMES (274637) with the word PEEL and the tip.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga