Blowing snow advisory in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada says a blowing snow advisory is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says conditions could cause poor visibility in some locations.
“Strong westerly to northwesterly winds with gusts to 70 km/h are generating local blowing snow today. Visibilities in open areas may be reduced to less than a few hundred metres at times,” the advisory reads.
“Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.”
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Man threatened staff at Mississauga clinic after being asked to wear a mask: Police
- Potential COVID-19 exposure identified on flight from Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga