Blowing snow advisory in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada says a blowing snow advisory is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says conditions could cause poor visibility in some locations.
“Strong westerly to northwesterly winds with gusts to 70 km/h are generating local blowing snow today. Visibilities in open areas may be reduced to less than a few hundred metres at times,” the advisory reads.
“Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.”
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win