Blast of Cold Weather Returning to Mississauga This Week
February may be coming to a close but the cold weather isn’t going anywhere yet.
According to a recent statement from the Weather Network, we can expect mid-winter temperatures for most of the upcoming week (February 25 to March 1) in Southern Ontario.
Forecast via Environment Canada
“Much colder weather will return to our region for early next week with temperatures running several colder than normal for late February,” the statement reads.
While the network doesn’t anticipate another major storm this week, widespread snowfall is expected across the region.
“There is a lot of uncertainty about the track of another storm as we head into next weekend. Many models have this system cutting to our north again which would give us a quick warm-up and the threat for mixed precipitation changing to rain,” says the Weather Network.
“However, a track further to the south would bring a significant snow storm to the region.”
As for today (Sunday, February 24), a windstorm warning remains in effect.
Stay safe this week, Mississauga.
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21