Big Changes Could be Coming to McDonald's Burgers in Canada
If you like the way the McDonald's burgers taste now (and you probably do, because you don’t become one of the world’s most popular restaurants by producing non-tasty burgers), you should note that some big changes could be coming.
In a recent press release, McDonald's USA revealed that its classic burgers now have no artificial flavours, no artificial preservatives and no added colors from artificial sources.
The ingredient changes currently impact all 14,000 U.S. McDonalds locations, making this a huge breakthrough in the McDonald's food journey.
Currently, according to the press release, the classic burgers include the hamburger, cheeseburger, double cheeseburger, McDouble, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Big Mac.
"From switching to 100 per cent fresh beef in our quarter-pound burgers, cooked right when ordered, to removing artificial preservatives in our Chicken McNuggets, and committing to cage-free eggs by 2025, we have made significant strides in evolving the quality of our food," Chris Kempczinski, McDonald's USA President said in a recent press release.
"We know quality choices are important to our customers, and this latest positive change to our classic burgers demonstrates our committed journey to leading with the customer and building a better McDonald's."
Food changes prior, and ongoing, to this have included sustainably sourcing all McCafe coffee by 2020 and transitioning to cage-free eggs in both U.S. and Canada by 2025.
Also, by 2020, the company is aiming to source some of its beef from its top 10 beef-sourcing countries from suppliers that participate in sustainability programs aligned with the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef principles and criteria.
So, will these burger changes soon come to Canada as well? Should they?
- McDonald’s Canada to start using imported beef amid Canadian supply concerns
- McDonald’s returns to 100% Canadian beef after COVID-19 supply chain issues
- Do You Want To See The New McDonald's Plant Based Burger Come To Mississauga?
- These Veggie Burgers are Coming to Grocery Stores in Mississauga Soon
- Here’s How You Can Get a Very Cheap Big Mac in Mississauga Soon
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity