Big changes coming to Second Cup in Mississauga
Second Cup is getting into the cannabis business.
The coffee giant has announced it will be implementing a new operating structure replete with a name change to Aegis Brands.
While the company will be changing its name, Second Cup will still exist as a subsidiary under Aegis Brands.
Steven Pelton, the current CEO of Second Cup will assume the role of CEO for Aegis Brands.
“We created Aegis with the vision of building a portfolio of amazing brands that can grow and flourish with access to our resources and expertise. We are committed to letting each company under the Aegis Brands umbrella operate as an independent brand, and to working with them to provide shared expertis--and shared services--to help them thrive,” Pelton said in a news release.
While Second Cup is currently the only brand operating under the Aegis Brands umbrella, the company intends to acquire other companies that deal in food service, coffee, and cannabis.
In addition to taking over as CEO of Aegis Brands, Pelton will retain his role as President of Second Cup.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Canada’s Most Trusted Brands
- Here's Which Brands Mississauga Residents Trust The Most
- This Popular Coffee Chain Is Also Converting Stores to Sell Cannabis
- Three New Big-Name Brands Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- This Canadian Company is Inventing a Very Bizarre Beer