Big Changes Coming to Numerous Walmart Locations
If you regularly shop at Walmart, a nearby store might have been selected to undergo some significant changes.
Walmart Canada recently announced that it plans to invest $175 million in its network of stores.
The brand says that several stores across the country—including locations in Brampton and Burlington—will be refurbished or updated to provide a "comprehensive omni-channel experience featuring a seamless intersection of the in-store and online shopping experience."
Twenty-three Walmart stores across the country are set for renovation before February 2019, which the brand says will create more than 2,500 construction jobs.
Interestingly enough, no Mississauga locations have been selected for renovations, even though the brand operates five major locations in the city.
"This investment in our stores is part of our commitment to provide our customers with an improved in-store shopping experience," said Lee Tappenden, president and CEO of Walmart Canada. "We are modernizing our stores, ensuring a seamless omni-channel shopping experience and meeting evolving customer needs."
Enhancements customers can expect to see in their local stores include:
- Contemporary updates: Physical updates that provide a refreshed look and feel including wider aisles, updated colour palette, new signage, and, in some stores, an updated exterior store front design to provide clearer access.
- Optimized omni-channel experience: Creating seamless integration of online shopping and in-store experience for omni-channel customers. Updated features include dedicated parking spaces for online grocery pickup and new areas in stores devoted to online orders to help facilitate the interaction between Walmart Canada's ecommerce and bricks and mortar operations.
- Expanded assortment: Adding more product assortments to further integrate stores into the community including new ethnic selections and organics.
Other GTA stores set to undergo renovations include locations in Ajax and Richmond Hill.
- House of the Week: $1.5 Mil Home With Stunning All-White Bathrooms
- Unique Event Coming to Beloved Boutique Hotel in Mississauga
- Fire Crews on Scene for Vehicle Fire in Mississauga
- 5 Strange and Unique Places to Visit Outside of Mississauga This Summer
- International Pop Stars Coming to Two-Day Festival at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Walmart to Stop Accepting Visa Cards in Canadian Stores
- Are Walmart Shoppers in Mississauga About to Save Some Money?
- Something New has Come to the Heartland Town Centre Walmart in Mississauga
- Walmart's Only Prototype Store in Mississauga Continues to Change Shape
- Province Set to Choose Locations for Marijuana Stores in Mississauga and Beyond